Sunday, August 29, 2010

Confessions of a former Spanish student

Many years have passed since I was an official student of the Spanish language. It could be argued that my life path was irretrievably altered by my initial choice to take Spanish as a foreign language, rather than French, in junior high...which I believe is now called middle school (a fact neither here nor there).

I continued with Spanish as an academic endeavor throughout high school and college...and pretty much left it there. Who needed Spanish class anymore when you could just chat up some local progeny of Cuban exiles?

But really. Spanish was never something I studied very hard anyway, especially in high school. My teacher in high school was very lenient, which resulted in the entire class going on "independent study." I spent most of my high school Spanish classes reading the trashy National Enquirer type magazines that littered the classroom.

I suppose this somewhat explains my fascination with the Torbe blog?

Not surprisingly, today's entry was therefore very exciting for me! Torbe posted a link to a seemingly trashy National Enquirer type magazine that featured an article about him. Fabulous reading. I even garnered a Torbe quote that was worthy of putting on the top of the page.

"No soy un actor, soy un tío que folla."

Torbe is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment