Thursday, November 11, 2010

Loving what you do

It appears that Torbe is jetting off to Russia again in order to consort with more Russian hobags. Apparently, these Russian hobags are necessary to the full development of his Father Damian series.

Torbe is a man committed to his art, so if he requires Russian hobags in order to fulfill his quest, so be it.

His subsequent post about loving what he does for a living was very interesting to me, however. I think he is basically saying that he does what he does because he really likes it, and I think he is encouraging others to do the same.

Not a bad perspective whatsoever, and one that makes me reflect on my own career path.

Upon reflection, I actually do like what I do for a living. I wouldn't call it a "hobby" by any stretch of the imagination. I have a real career in a prestigious (at times) field. I doubt I like my work as much as Torbe enjoys his...but I still do appreciate his point of view. If you spend all of your time earning a living in a field that has no interest for you, then that truly would be hell on earth.

Safe travels to you, mi amigo Torbe. Let's hope you didn't forget to take your iPad along on the trip!

6 comments:

  1. The fact is, too many people think they have the right to opinate on Torbe's way of life... they think of it as disgusting, degrading, inmoral even.. and it's funny, because some or most of them aren't able to achieve a minimum percentage of his 'enjoyment' doing his/her job. Why is sex dirty? Why is sex ugly? In reality, sex should be seen as something more free, more fun, more natural and more exhilarating than working 8 hours a day in something you despise. And.. unfortunately, how many of us are on that situation? Is a whore earning 4000 euros/month and enjoying her job (not talking about abuse or sexual slavery) dirtier or viler than a poor old woman scrubbing floors for 6 euros/hour? Or a woman ironing and washing clothing for 1000 euros/month? Or a secretary unable to say something back to her boss's foul moods? Or a town hall official placing stamps on letters for 40 years? Torbe does nobody any harm... and he does enjoy his job, and I am sure it makes people happy as well (his clients or visitors might have a say about that). How many of us can say our jobs makes people happy? (or aroused). Precious few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Blog! Thanks 4 spread all putalocuriense's culture around the world!

    Daniel Spiller & The Broken Record Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Torbe is my friend and have met him several times.
    He is what he says he is, there is nothing invented.. I have seen it with my own eyes..
    One of the few men totally honest with his opinions and desires, and who as made a great living out of having sex with beautiful women, traveling, and sharing..
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, is true, Torbe is a fantasic person. I want to read more about him in this blog, cause i dont understand spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petardo - Good points!

    Daniel Spiller, et al. - Thank you for visiting my blog. I watched your video, having seen it posted on Torbe's blog. Very creative concept, and extremely well executed. I would have never known about you had I not been reading Torbe's blog. :-)

    Miguel - I appreciate the verification that the man is what he claims to be. Your input is much appreciated.

    Anonymous 2 (I can't speak to what Anonymous 1 claims) - I like writing this blog, so I am glad someone likes reading it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete