Friday, November 19, 2010

Telepathic tweeting

As noted in my last post, I was kind of done with the whole Torbe thing for a while. I was perfectly content to wait around until topics changed to more interesting things before interacting online again.

So, since I just finished up a hellacious work week, and didn't feel like doing much of anything tonight other than to make a light dinner and websurf a little bit before going to bed...I pretty much just became a couch potato for the evening. While in this mode, I checked Torbe's Twitter feed, and saw that he has posted a question about how to find out who has the most followers on Twitter.

Well, my Spanish reading comprehension levels have increased significantly since I've been following Torbe and his doings online, so I was pleased that I understood what he was saying...and then I posted a link from the Twitterholic site so he could see where he stood in the Twitterverse.

Amazingly enough, Torbe...a half a world away from my little corner of the planet...was contemporaneously posting from the very same site about the very same thing. And then he tweeted me about it, saying that we must have "telepathy" between us.

Perhaps we do.

I am somewhat taken aback by the fact that I am starting to like this Spanish porn king dude a lot. He is very intelligent, and he appears to have a strong capitalistic streak...which of couse I like. And he is witty! Very witty. I am sure I miss much of his wit because of my language barrier, but as my reading comprehension has improved, it has become easier for me to connect with his sense of humor. I think the guy is absolutely hilarious now, so God only knows how much and how hard he would make me laugh if I were actually fluent in his native tongue.

The guy is also not bad looking, and he has a nice voice. In the web interviews I have seen of him, I do find it hard to follow his accent. That's what I get for taking Spanish lessons from Cubans all my life, I guess. But the tone quality of his voice is very pleasing. Well, except for that pig noise he likes to make. :-)

And most importantly, he always treats me very nicely in his Twitter or blog interactions with me. He kids around, of course...and that is fun. But he does not take the same approach with me as he does with the porn chicks who are tweeting him all the time, which I find very interesting.

He is a fascinating man. And that is something I never, ever thought I would say about a porn king!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't say I'm not surprised. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd read about a girl fascinated with Torbe :-)

    I met the man many years ago, way before porn, even way before Putalocura.com. When he was still an editor of a magazine about comic books called La Comictiva. It was an extremely professional looking magazine, not amateurish at all. And it was alright, actually, it could have been a major one if it hadn't been for the low sales. But I guess if it hadn't been for failures like that Torbe would have never gone into porn, which I think is a great idea.

    And what about the porn he makes? It's just out of this world!! haha! North American and mainstream european porn is so, clean, perfect, with Barbie dolls with huge breasts and men with muscles who make He-Man look like a total wimp. Torbe's porn is so dirty, dodgy looking, ugly and, well, so real that I completely understand it can be so apealling to some people. Sometimes I just get tired of that "perfect" porn we are so used to and I turn my head to Torbe.

    And he can be funny, very. It is a real shame you don't understand Spanish fully because that man can make me laugh sometimes. Keep on reading Putalocura and you'll get better at it. The thing about the website is that there's so many native spanish leaving posts and opinions who can't actually talk correctly that it can make it to people who's first language is not Spanish. And they use sometimes a great deal os slang words and "made up" spanish that you'll never learn in a classroom, doesn't matter if your teachers were Spanish or Cuban. If you ever have a question about something you don't fully understand in spanish, don't hesitate and drop me a line, I'll be more than happy to help.

    All the best!

    Pablo.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pablo...I may just take you up on that translation assistance some time. I do struggle with reading through all of the slang and the abbreviations that are so commonly used in Internet forums. I just figured out that "tb" probably means "tambien," for example.

    I think your analysis of Torbe's porn as compared to what is produced in the US (I can't speak to mainstream European porn) is very accurate. I haven't seen a lot of Torbe's work in the porn arena, but what I have seen does not in any way resemble what I have seen here in the States. :-)

    ReplyDelete