Saturday, April 23, 2011

FIFA

I am not a soccer fan.  Obviously.  This is readily apparent for many reasons, the first of which is probably that I call the sport soccer instead of fútbol.

Oh, I don't care if other people are obsessed with the sport.  To a certain extent, all sports are dumb.  Soccer isn't any dumber than any others, just because we Americans are not that into it.  I have actually been trying to follow soccer a little bit lately.  Why?  Well, because it is such a big part of Torbe's life, of course.

Seriously, the guy posts incessantly about soccer.  En español. So if I am trying to continue in my quest to improve my Spanish by reading Torbe's blog posts and tweets, I might as well resign myself to reading about soccer...both the real life version, and the PS3 kind.  :-)

I have to admit that this whole online gaming FIFA thing does look kind of fun.  It also appears to be far more entertaining than just watching the real thing on television.


Plus, the La Liga players are pretty hot.  At least the ones that I have seen so far.  A lot hotter than American football players, as a matter of fact.  So there are additional side benefits to this whole "I am now trying to follow the sport of soccer so I can understand Torbe's posts and tweets better" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment