I am finally feeling better and have pretty much gotten rid of the horrible cold I was suffering from for the past week. I was miserable, and work was miserable. I was also working out of town for most of the week, so I was not able to enjoy the comforts of home while feeling under the weather. Not fun.
But Torbe managed to keep my spirits up. :-)
Like me, Torbe's work took him on a road trip this week too. He is in Barcelona. For the European readers of my blog, there are a few things you have to understand about the American perspective on Barcelona, which I am fairly sure is totally wrong. First, most Americans right now are totally freaked out about going to Barcelona. Everyone says it is a "dangerous" city...lots of theft, crime, etc.
Really? Really? I keep my mouth shut when people babble on about this theory over here. I mean, I am sure that Barcelona has its share of troubles with the criminal element, as do most large cities. But is it really bad enough to warrant a boycott? I find that hard to believe.
I think Americans are just too lazy to go to Barcelona when they head to Spain. It is out of the way for them...they have to see the south of Spain "of course," and Madrid "of course"...and they just don't have time to see Barcelona too.
That's my theory at any rate.
Not Torbe! No way. He is off to Barcelona for a week or so to do some business. Bukkakes. Cyber fights with other Spanish porn kings. Or their sons. Something like that. Visits to whorehouses. You know...the usual.
Ramona is making the trip with him this time, thank God. She was seated on the plane next to a fatass, who is hardly even close to deserving that term here in the US. If the guy next to Ramona is thought of as fat by Spanish standards, your average Americans must really disgust them.
Ramona is such a good little traveler. And she does seem to like her pizza bag. I think that is what it is anyway...I think it was a promotional item from someplace in Spain called Telepizza. Which, by the way, Torbe ate at with one of his porn chicks. And which sounds horrendous. Sort of like a Spanish Little Caesar's or something.
Here's the real shocker. In the midst his puticlub visit summary, Torbe once again enraptures me with this analogy:
The Venus of Willendorf. Good God. The Venus of Willendorf! The man compares the whore he is stalking in the puticlub to the Venus of Willendorf. I am stunned.
I am stunned for many reasons. First, you have to admit that the whore does bear an uncanny resemblance to the Venus of Willendorf. Hopefully she will never pick up on this comparison, because she probably won't find it flattering. Still...it is very accurate. The whore really DOES look like the Venus of Willendorf.
Second, I am stunned that the king of Spanish porn KNOWS of the Venus of Willendorf. How in the heck does that happen? And he makes a totally on point analogy in that regard too. The guy has no education of a university level as far as I know. I can't imagine the Opus crowd taught him about the Venus of Willendorf. Yet he is familiar with the image, and appears to be cognizant of its significance.
Torbe is a very smart guy...extremely intellectually curious. And his visual literacy levels are through the roof. He really could be a bona fide "respected" artist in film or graphics if he wanted to devote the time to it.
That might cut into his blogging, though...and other things as well. :-)


Yeah, this shows that not only he has a culture over average, but also an important sensibility. Many ppl think that just because he is a porn productor and actor he must be a kind of sex obsessed-brute with very little knowledgements. I`m his friend and can assure u that this is far from being true: he uses to read a lot, has a blog (that I see u know) in which he writes both complex reflexions and also funny things, and finally he has written some books that altought won`t be the top of the spanish literature truely show he has not the head filled with birds.
ReplyDeleteBtw, it`s a reality that Barcelona it`s crowded by thieves... they are called "nationalists", "independentists" or "catalanists" :-) (I don`t know if u are going to understand this joke... If u were here I'm sure u will do).
Everyone who knows Torbe in real life seems to speak very highly of him...that is very impressive. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about him here, Cliente X.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sorry...I don't understand the joke. :-(
Oh I see in ur last post that u are not interested in politic... so it doesn`t matter.
ReplyDeleteI am not interested in arguing with people about political subjects, but I don't mind if people talk about it.
ReplyDeleteWe argue so much about politics here in America. It gets very tiresome at times. But I am OK if you want to explain the joke...just don't expect me to argue about it with you. :-)