So it's Memorial Day weekend here in the States. I took today off to deal with my air conditioner. It needed to be repaired, and I had to have the service company come out to fix it. Ugh.
I often say that the only reason a woman needs a man in her life on a permanent basis is so that she can have him deal with car salesmen and home repair dudes. Other than that, I see no other reason for having to put up with all the bullshit on a daily basis. :-)
Oh...and for the Spanish readers among us (I am no longer using the term Spaniard, as one of Torbe's good friends says it is disrespectful)...I suppose I should explain what Memorial Day is. Memorial Day is an annual holiday in the States. Most banks and governmental offices are closed on the last Monday of May in observance of this holiday. It is really supposed to be a day of remembrance for those who have died while serving our country in the military. But most people just think of it as the first weekend of summer. We have parades, barbeques, picnics, fireworks...stuff like that.
ANYWAY...I am now officially off for the rest of the holiday weekend, and decided to try to catch up on things Torbellinescas. Torbe has been in Russia for the past ten days, busily banging Russian hobags right and left. Today he put up another Twitcam interview with one of the hobags, who did not seem quite as hobaggish to me as most of the others.
In tweeting back and forth a bit with Torbe about the interview he did with this hobag (which was in both English and Spanish, and was quite good in my opinion), I found out that Torbe is on national television in Spain right now! How exciting! Some show called Callejeros on what I can only presume is a network there called Cuatro is doing a series on what I think translates as "sex without touching." Torbe says he will post it on his website tomorrow, so that should be very interesting to see.

“Spaniard” is disrespectful??? I think “to be” a Spaniard is disrespectful to the world. Spanish people have done (and continue to do) terrible things to the world, much worse than any other nation. They truly are evil… Ever wondered why juan carlos (the dictator-named king we have) only gets along with dictators and doesn’t fit well with elected leaders?
ReplyDeleteAnonymous, I am sorry if I offended you...or anyone else out there. I didn't mean to do so. I obviously don't understand the ramifications of that term, so I was glad that someone told me it was not a good one to use. I try very hard to be respectful to all people here, and I appreciate learning about Spanish issues very much. We don't really hear much about Spain here in the States...most of our attention lately has been focused in other areas.
ReplyDeleteI think we should circumcise them all...!!! without anesthesia if possible...
ReplyDelete