Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pollo al Mattone

I don't mean to belabor the Memorial Day theme here...but I can't help it. Memorial Day is a huge holiday in the States.

I am in the middle of my Pollo al Mattone preparations. The chicken has been butterflied and is marinating in the refrigerator. I have to get cooking on the grill fairly soon because we are expecting some thunderstorms later in the day.

Pollo al Mattone is a Tuscan chicken dish. You cut the chicken apart (butterfly it is the term used here), and you grill it under some heavy bricks covered in aluminum foil. My Pollo al Mattone is to die for. :-)


So what does this have to do with Torbe? Well, anything food-related connects to Torbe, LOL. I do like a man who likes his food. But really, the whole pollo thing is just driving me nuts right now...why is it that the Spanish word for penis (or one of them anyway) is pollo? How did that happen? Is it because the men are mostly uncircumcised there, and they think their penises look like dead chicken waiting to be grilled? Hmmm. Very strange.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Giovanna,

    I think you got confused... the word is "polla" not "pollo".

    Uncircumcised looks like dead chicken...? ja ja ja... I wouldn't know because I am one of those "rarities" in the country... 2 things are for sure:

    1) the circumcision debate is nonexistent here (actually they don't even call it like that but "the phimosis operation")

    2) I've read in your blog you have strong views on circumcision, but spanish women in general don't even know what it is and they have no preference at all... if you ask them about that the most common response you are going to get is something like "never thought about that"...

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not-so-anonymous Juan...thank you for explaining that to me!!! So it is "polla" for penis, and "pollo" is still a chicken. This is good to know. :-)

    Most American women have very strong views about circumcision, yes. We are just not used to foreskin, since most all men here are circumcised at birth. While we are very interested in sex and sexuality here, we also can be very limited in our views as well. Much of the USA is still very Puritanical when it comes to sex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, not-so-anonymous Giovanna,

    I personally prefer people with an opinion, it's so much better than the "i don't know" or "never thought about that" that you usually get here...

    Regarding the puritanical view, trust me, women there are still much more open and willing to try new things in the us than here... big time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we American women have lots and lots of opinions. Ask any American man. :-)

    I am surprised that Spanish women in your experience are not as willing to try new things in bed as are American women. I would not have thought that to be the case.

    It is true that most American women are up for pretty much anything in the bedroom (with the right man), other than anal. Not many women will do that here! Personally, I always tell a guy who wants anal to go find a gay guy instead, LOL.

    ReplyDelete