Friday, May 13, 2011

What's new?

Well, let's see. I was out of town for a couple of weeks. Blogger (as seems to be the norm lately) was out of commission for a while, and there was a big earthquake in Spain. But none of these events is as exciting as Torbe's latest news.

Torbe's newest book has finally been released!


I think the English translation of the title is something along the lines of Diary of a John. I tweeted Torbe a while back (when he first announced what the title of this book would be) that it was a good thing he snapped up that title first...before Cliente X gets around to writing his memoirs. :-)

So Torbe is telling the world about his experiences with prostitutes. I have to admit that, from the comments on his blog I've read so far relating to the book, it does sound like an entertaining and interesting read.

The only confusing part for me is that the book talks about his patronage of prostitutes, but some commenters here previously have said that Torbe is also a "procurer." I take that to mean they are claiming he is a pimp. I don't know where that assumption comes from. What am I missing?

7 comments:

  1. I bet you got it twisted, I still haven't read the book but I reckon that it's meant to say that Torbe has a kind of "patronage" over his porn actresses, since you could only find them on his websites.

    Honestly, I can't imagine Torbe as a pimp!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine Torbe as a pimp either, Spanish_Briton. Your explanation makes sense. I did have a commenter on my blog (in an earlier post) claim that Torbe was a pimp, however...so that started the confusion for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was a good thing he snapped up that title first...before Cliente X gets around to writing his memoirs. :-)



    Hehehe, someday I'll do, someday...

    BTW the term "putero" here has an horrendous negative connotation. Its like to say someone is despreciable. But "john" sounds like an euphemism, like "sexual worker"... am I right? Putero means "cliente de prostitutas" but usually that word is used to offend someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    nobody got anything twisted. I´m not saying my english is perfect, but i regard it as quite good. I wrote pimp, and i meant pimp. Not "john". I even checked the proper english legal term: procurer.
    check this website: www.modelosdeluxe.com .There you go, Torbe´s "porn actresses" offering their services as prostitutes. As i said, the porn scenes is just a means to promote the girls. A lot of the pictures have been taken at Torbe´s flat.
    Am i really the only who thinks that talking unskilled , unemployed 18 year old girls into prostitution and performing oral sex on mentally challenged men ( Ozito ) on camera is wrong?
    i mean there will always be whores, but i find the whole thing disgusting. I dont think that if those girls could find a proper job would be doing that kind of things.
    procuring is a felony is spain too. I hear he has good legal counseling, but we shall see.

    have a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nobody expects the spanish ( moral ) inquisition!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0Y39eMvpI&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cliente X...you know I am very fond of you and your posts here, but I cannot accept profanity here toward other posters. Now say you're sorry and everything will be forgiven. :-)

    I do appreciate the explanation of "putero." You're right..."john" is much more neutral a term here. Maybe putero translates better as "whoremonger," which is not so nice of a word.

    Anonymous 1...thank you for your follow up post about the pimp/procurer issue. I am very interested in your perspective...so much so that I think my response deserves a new post on the topic! And yes...your English is very good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All right, Im sorry but I also want the apologies of that anonymous that called Torbe a pimp. The girls are not forced at all, they are doing what they like (I know some of them, even I fucked one once) and they can leave in any moment. What's the problem then? What do u mean about finding "a proper job"? Oh yeah, this is not wrong. YOU ARE THE WRONG.

    ReplyDelete