Ahora. Ahora es el momento.
I have been thinking of what I should do to celebrate the one year anniversary of this blog. Ultimately, I decided to simply say goodbye.
I have enjoyed my interactions here tremendously. But I think it is time...to retire.
Torbe posted something about his "nueva esposa" on Twitter the other day. I am not sure if he really means that he got married, or if he was just announcing that he has a permanent girlfriend now. Either way, it is time for me to stop my interactions with him. Torbe may still be follar-ing his way around the globe, even with a wife/girlfriend in tow...but I don't do married guys. Or otherwise committed guys. It just isn't something I am comfortable with. Single and cerdo is one thing. Married or with a committed partner (of whatever nature) is quite another.
So I will say adios and disappear into the sunset. Torbe knows where to find me if he ever needs me. And he may see me at Yerbabuena someday. You never know. If he isn't too busy, I will introduce myself to him. :-)
Oh...and Cliente X...my favorite and most loyal follower, LOL. I have not forgotten about your translation request. I have been overloaded at work for the past month and a half. If I can get a break in my schedule, I will finish that translation for you, but it might not be done in time for your needs. Lo siento.
Adios, hamijos y hamijas. It truly has been a pleasure.


Oh... We say here that love at distance it's impossible. I'm so sorry for u.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed ur blog specially bcause it gave me the oppotunity to practice my english (an aspect Torbe really needs to work in) and also the new things I learned of american culture. I can now cook authentic yankee brownies, yeah! ;-)
NP with my translation, take ur time, I have still a lot of things to write about in my blog. But probably I'll continue asking ur help cause I can't fully understand some videos I want to comment... Do u know the web "John TV"? It`s about a f***ing freak that records the girls and their customers, he is proud to send those ppl to jail! In which state do u live? Could u write a special ending post about prostitution in ur city? It looks as repression against it is extremely high in the states, but prostitution is far away from beign erradicated.
I prefer to say u "see you" than "good bye". Maybe u just need a break, a vacation and then u can come back. Torbe isn't so easy to forget...
Giovanna,
ReplyDeleteDon’t leave us!!! Don’t go quietly into the night, don’t surrender without a fight…
Until now your blog has been about how Torbe’s projects resonate in the American culture. I think it’s the moment you take the next challenge, granted, ask Torbe to do American things with Spaniards… and make your blog transition from a merely descriptive and sometimes rather opinionated diary to a bridge between the two countries. Maybe, if you do that, you might be frightened by two things: First, how much repression from the Victorian era still populates your mind without you even realizing it. Second, how you shouldn’t treat Spaniards as an equal to americans because they don’t have one tenth of the culture or, alas, a minimal respect or care for human life in any of its forms.
Finally, I don’t think Torbe is ever getting married again. Since you are a lawyer, I suggest you check the kind of divorce settlements given in Spain. Here women rip men off in ways you can’t even dream!!!
Btw, I would also be delighted to meet you one day… or one night for the matter….
it´s really a pity
ReplyDeleteyour comments are so witty, so stimulating for an european...
anyway it´s beeen a pleasure!
thanks
hey Giovanna,
ReplyDeletecome back! if you do I promise i'll even get circumcised for you...!!! ha ha