Como sabe una persona si esta haciendo lo correcto?
Torbe asks this question in his blog post today. Very good question. How do you know if what you are doing is the right thing for you?
I don't know if Torbe is second-guessing his life choices. I am not good enough at reading Spanish to be able to tell. It does seem to me that Spanish culture might be very oppressive to someone like Torbe. It seems like there is less room for alternative lifestyles and alternative career choices there...at least that is the sense I am getting.
The other thing Torbe talks a lot about today is his weight. It seems that he has gained back some of the weight he lost recently...and he has been talking about it quite a bit. He really isn't all that big by American standards, so it is hard for me to understand why he feels so overweight. Maybe everyone in Spain is really thin?
Here, Torbe would be just an average size guy in an average size pool. :-)
Maybe Torbe is too "big" for Spanish culture? He would fit right in here, though. We like our personalities larger than life, and we like everything BIG. This may or may not be a good thing, I don't know. It's just the way it is here. For example, I am a single woman who lives alone. My house is 2500 square feet, which I think converts to about 232 square meters. Do I need all this space? No. But people here never think it is unusual that I live in a house the size of mine. And my house isn't really all that big by American standards. It's pretty average size really.
I wonder if Torbe would actually like it in America? It is an interesting thought.

No comments:
Post a Comment