Thank you to everyone who missed me. What a nice feeling to have people looking for you online. :-)
Well. Spaniards will have no concept of this, I am sure. This time of year is always crazy, though, here in the US. First, it's Lent. Depending on where one lives in the States, Lent can be meaningless, or Lent can be a huge deal. Where I live, it's a huge deal.
Last Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, so we all had to get our ashes on our foreheads. And this was when we all were still recovering from Fat Tuesday (and all the Mardi Gras celebrations) of the day before. Fridays are always fish fry days if you are in a Catholic crowd, which generally turns into a huge party in and of itself. And of course...this coming Thursday is St. Patrick's Day. Enormous.
I do not have a drop of Irish blood in me...but as they say here, "Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day." Es la verdad. Many of us are very busy right now plotting, planning and scheming as to what our March 17th plans are going to entail. This ad pretty much sums it all up as to the general vibe in the States on Shamrock Day.
The Catholic culture in the US is heavily dominated by the Irish immigrant experience. Even the Italians can't overcome the Irish experience in this regard. So we all wear green, drink disgusting green beer, eat corned beef and cabbage, and kiss everyone who is (or isn't) Irish in celebration of this grand festival of Irishness on an annual basis. It takes a lot to get geared up for St. Paddy's Day. :-)
Naturally, I have still been reading Torbe's blog in the midst of all this Irish stuff. I have been feeling very out of the loop, though, because everyone on his blog was talking about Torrente 4, which of course I have no way of seeing. And even if I could see it, I probably couldn't understand it. Boo hoo.
All of the posts say Torbe was great in his role in the movie, but I have no idea what his role was or what he did that was so great. No one seems to want to post specifically about it in order to avoid spoilers. That is very thoughtful of the Torbe posters, but not very helpful to me. Again, boo hoo.
And then there is this issue of Torbe's black socks. WHAT is THAT about???
Why is Torbe wearing black socks with shorts? Is this part of his role in the movie, whatever that was? Or does he really wear black socks with shorts in real life?
I can take the chandals at the movie premieres, but I am struggling with the black socks and shorts thing. Big time.
Men here simply do not wear black socks with shorts unless they are 80 years old and don't know any better anymore (and don't care). Black socks and shorts are about the worst sin one can commit here from a fashion perspective as a man...and American men are not exactly known for their expertise in that arena.
Torbe, my darling. You're killing me with the black socks and shorts. Please do something sexy soon so that my faith in you as a total studly sex symbol can be quickly restored. Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment