Monday, February 7, 2011

I want a Spanish boyfriend

Yes.  I do.  And here's why.

So yesterday was Superbowl Sunday in the States.  I (of course) had a Superbowl party at my house to watch the game.  Everybody here wants to watch the Superbowl at a party with friends if at all possible.  And my friends love to come over here, mostly because I put on what is called "a good spread."  This means LOTS of food.

I don't mind hosting the annual party, because it is pretty easy to do.  I like to cook a lot, but I refuse to cook anything for Superbowl Sunday.  It's not worth it.  The men only want chicken wings, and it's better and easier to just order out.  Which I do.  And I order a ton of them, since American men eat chicken wings like there is no tomorrow.


The rest of the menu is chips, dip, pretzels, nuts, cheese...oh, and those horrendous cocktail weiners in a crock pot.  It's disgusting.  But that's what the American male wants at his Superbowl party.  Along with beer.  Lots and lots of beer.

Mis amigas y yo hang out in mi cocina (not cucina...thank you, Torbe, for the Spanish lesson).  We sort of watch the game, but we mostly talk.  It was very exciting, because I got a tweet in the middle of the game from Torbe and his hamijos (I really don't know what that means, but presume that it translates into buddies?), who were also watching the Superbowl!  How amazing.

Basically, Torbe and the Spaniards wanted to know who gets paid more: football players or baseball players.  I gave him the best answer I could in tweet form.  I was shocked that he was actually watching American football!

But here is why I decided I want a Spanish boyfriend.  Torbe was also tweeting that he was eating a brownie during the Superbowl.  He even tweeted a picture of it:


Good Lord.  The man was practically orgasmic over, of all things, a brownie!  From his blog post today, it sounds like a girlfriend of one of his buddies is from the US, and she either brought or sent the ingredients for the brownie from the States.  No offense to the buddy's girlfriend, as I am sure the brownie was quite nice, but really.  A brownie?  That's all it takes to satisfy the Spanish male during the Superbowl?

Count me in.  Baking a delicious brownie is not exactly difficult.  Plus, a brownie doesn't stink up the house like those greasy chicken wings do.  :-)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, sure, if u know how to cook u are half way to get a spanish boyfriend. The other half is if u are good at... :-)

    BTW "hamijos" is an intentional misswritting of "amigos". We like here to made that kind of mistakes. Torbe modified his puta locura forum in order to change automatically those words. I remeber that other mad change he did was to convert "xD" (por Dios, it can be translated as by the Lord but really its meaning can't be reproduced) as "tengo ladillas como centollos". And do not want me to tell u what is this! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be all set then. Being good at ... is the easy part. :-)

    Thank you for the explanation about hamijos, etc. There are a lot of things posted in Torbe's blog that are not easily translated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From "that buddy's girlfriend:"

    Torbe sent me a link to your blog- it's amazing what a small world we live in sometimes!

    As far as the brownies go- if you give a Spaniard a brownie, he'll be happy for a hour....but...if you send him back to Spain with a box of Betty Crocker mix and teach him how to make them himself, both he & his "hamijos" will be happy for an entire Superbowl!

    Imagine that- men baking for themselves to sit down & enjoy what they made during the game...what American guys do that?!? I'm a lucky woman & that's a great group of guys I've got there- you ought to visit Madrid sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. God. Betty Crocker??? They were getting orgasmic over Betty Crocker???

    That is too, too funny. :-)

    And they baked the brownies themselves too? I most definitely need a Spanish boyfriend! Congratulations on finding a good one yourself, JMB. :-)

    I absolutely want to visit Madrid sometime...I have never been there, and there is much I would like to see. Nice to meet you, JMB...thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe all of my friends here :)
    hello everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TORBE!!! If you are the real Torbe...how nice to see you here. :-)

    If you are a fake Torbe...welcome anyway. I like anyone who likes Torbe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im real Torbe, but i dont have blogger
    ask me something in twitter and you ll see im real :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah he must be the real. Why I know?
    :-)

    His wroten english is DEPLORABLE:

    "I'm THE real Torbe, but I HAVEN'T blogger"

    ReplyDelete